The world is currently facing a shortage of 7.2 million healthcare professionals, which is estimated to grow up to 12.9 million by 2035, says a joint report by WHO & Global Health Workforce Alliance. The 2013 report, ‘A Universal Truth: No Health without a Workforce’, further points at India’s dismal density of 15.2 skilled health professionals per 10,000 population (way below the global threshold of 22.8). This is alarming, owing to its direct bearing on India’s commitment to Universal Health Coverage.
To address this gap and contribute towards the Central Government’s flagship Skill India Mission, HLFPPT has initiated Skill Development Programme. It aims at: Developing a cadre of skilled human resources in healthcare and other allied sectors through quality trainings; and Offering sustainable livelihood options to the youth.
Courses on Offer: In health sector, we train students in the following trades:
• General Duty Assistant (GDA) – 3 Months • Home Health Aide (HHA) – 2 Months
• Operation Theatre Technician – 10 Months • Anaesthesia Technician – 1 Year
• Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) – 1 Year • Frontline Health Worker – 3 Months
• Diabetes Educator – 2 Months • Dialysis Technician – 1 Year
• Emergency Medical Technician – Basic: 4 Months, Advance: 6 Months
Since its inception in 2015, the programme has successfully trained students through affiliated skill centres in eight states, namely Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh & Rajasthan. Going ahead, the programme plans to train human resources in allied sectors too such as Retail, Electronics, Life Sciences and Logistics..
Alliances / Affiliations
The programme has received affiliation from Health Sector Skill Council (HSSC) and has also empanelled with the Ministry of Rural Development and National Skill Development Centre. It has been contributing to:
• Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
• UP Skill Development Mission
• National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM)
• AP Skill Development Corporation
• Rajasthan Skill & Livelihoods Development Corporation (RSLDC)
• HP Kaushal Vikas Nigam (HPKVN)
• Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM)